One of the days we were in Philadelphia we went on a day trip to Washington, it was meant to be a 2 hours drive but due to snow storm and icy roads it took almost 4 hours. So we didn’t have a lot of time to explore, so we drove around in the car to see some of the main sights and then parked near the Lincoln Memorial to see more around that area. Enjoy the few photos!
Two weeks ago we went to Philadelphia for the weekend as we had two extra days of from school. We were 9 travelling together so we rented two cars and had a little road trip to Philadelphia, we actually also went to Washington one day which I will show later. I didn’t really know what to expect of Philadelphia, it was probably not a place I would have gone to if it wasn’t for the group going there. But the city actually surprised me a lot, it had a lot of nice cafes and restaurants, as well as a huge market. The weather was freezing! So we had trouble staying warm, but managed to see the rocky steps, the liberty bell and Wharton.
I apologize for the very grainy photo’s, but I would argue it adds character to these photo’s (..or at least I will try to argue). The very first weekend here at Cornell the MBA school hosted a welcome back masquerade ball at Duffield Hall. It was such a great night with lots of amazing masks and dance moves!
Besides the ball, the school has so many social events that it is hard to keep up. Every Thursday there is Sage Social (Sage is what the building is called) where there is served free alcohol and food – it is safe to say that it is very popular! Also there are multiple sports events, wine club, beer club and I could go on forever.
It snowed last night! I may be the only one totally excited about this, but I feel like I am in a fairytale. The place just became even prettier. I cannot write a lot today, as I have a super busy day at school. But I have some exciting news – we are going to Philidelphia for the weekend with the other exchange students.
Well, I went to New York for a short week.. and was very busy and then I started at Cornell.. and was very busy! But now on my one week anniversary in Ithaca I have a spare moment to collect some thoughts. And I think I will dedicate my first post to make a “bucket list” for my Cornell experience and then I will follow up about half way and at the end of my time here to see how well I did.
- Study a whole day at the Uris Libary (I mean, when are you able to study in Harry Potter like libraries like this one?)
- Attend a Hockey game vs. one of the other Ivy league schools – I heard that when Cornell plays Harvard, they throw fish on to the ice!
- Speaking of ice – you can actually ice skate for free on Sundays on the schools ice rink – this is a must do!
- Swim in one of the many waterfalls around campus
- Order Insomnia Cookies on a Monday – this company delivers warm cookies and milk to you dorm – that must be the cure for Monday blues
- Also food related I need to try the Cornell Ice Cream produced by Cornellians
- Attend a Masquerade ball (this is actually cheating a bit as I have already done it! – I will upload som pictures later)
- I hope that we will experience a severe snow storm, if I am lucky I want to sled down the Lipe slope on campus
- Get an A+ in a course – trying not to set the bar too high
- Go on a wine tour around Ithaca – there are so many wineries here
- Stock up on Cornell merchandise
- Go to Toronto to visit family
- Go bowling at Cornell’s very own bowling alley
- Attend Slope day – a concert on Cornell’s Lipe slope
- See Cornell’s own equestrian centre – perhaps watch a tournament
- Climb the 161 steps to the top of McGraw Tower
I will properly add more to the list as I discover more of the Campus – it is enormous so there is everything here!