Well, I went to New York for a short week.. and was very busy and then I started at Cornell.. and was very busy! But now on my one week anniversary in Ithaca I have a spare moment to collect some thoughts. And I think I will dedicate my first post to make a “bucket list” for my Cornell experience and then I will follow up about half way and at the end of my time here to see how well I did.
- Study a whole day at the Uris Libary (I mean, when are you able to study in Harry Potter like libraries like this one?)
- Attend a Hockey game vs. one of the other Ivy league schools – I heard that when Cornell plays Harvard, they throw fish on to the ice!
- Speaking of ice – you can actually ice skate for free on Sundays on the schools ice rink – this is a must do!
- Swim in one of the many waterfalls around campus
- Order Insomnia Cookies on a Monday – this company delivers warm cookies and milk to you dorm – that must be the cure for Monday blues
- Also food related I need to try the Cornell Ice Cream produced by Cornellians
- Attend a Masquerade ball (this is actually cheating a bit as I have already done it! – I will upload som pictures later)
- I hope that we will experience a severe snow storm, if I am lucky I want to sled down the Lipe slope on campus
- Get an A+ in a course – trying not to set the bar too high
- Go on a wine tour around Ithaca – there are so many wineries here
- Stock up on Cornell merchandise
- Go to Toronto to visit family
- Go bowling at Cornell’s very own bowling alley
- Attend Slope day – a concert on Cornell’s Lipe slope
- See Cornell’s own equestrian centre – perhaps watch a tournament
- Climb the 161 steps to the top of McGraw Tower
I will properly add more to the list as I discover more of the Campus – it is enormous so there is everything here!